Our terms and conditions are in place to keep everyone safe and to keep the equipment in a good condition for you and others to enjoy. When you proceed with your booking that confirms that you agree to our terms and conditions
Please make sure you have read our terms and conditions of hire carefully, if you have any questions please let us know! Proceeding with a booking indicates that you have read, understood and accept our ‘Terms & Conditions of Hire’ . You will be reminded of this when you receive booking confirmation and reminder email from us.
HIRE AGREEMENT Including TERMS and CONDITIONS of HIRE for SOFT PLAY
Bookings can be made via email or telephone or the booking enquiry form (see the contact and booking page). A booking will be secured once a deposit has been received. Booking deposits are only refundable if a cancellation is requested more than 28 days ahead of the scheduled hire date.
The full balance is due, in cash, upon delivery of the hire package. A further £50 cash deposit will also be required on the day, refundable when we collect, providing there is no damage to the equipment. In the event that your payment is not ready upon delivery, we will not be able leave the equipment with you.
Soft play hire
1. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check the suitability, size and accessibility of the site, including adequate space surrounding the play equipment. For health and safety reasons we reserve the right to refuse delivery and set-up, however, you will still be charged.
2. Please allow 30 to 45 minutes before and after the booking time to allow delivery, set up and collection of the equipment.
3. Access issues to the venue must be discussed when booking.
4. We will endeavour to arrive and setup on time, however, we cannot be held liable for delays due to circumstances beyond our control (for example – traffic congestion, adverse weather etc.).
5. In the event of adverse weather on the day which would be dangerous to travel in, such as heavy snow or ice , we reserve the right to cancel the booking. In such cases we will return any deposit.
6. All our equipment will be supplied in clean and good condition, we disinfect before and after use. We expect to collect the complete set of equipment in good condition for the full damage deposit to be returned. You will be liable for significant damage or loss (greater than the £50 damage deposit) and will be expected to pay the full amount for the equipment priced at current condition, within 14 days of the date of hire.
7. Please return the balls to the ball pit and all equipment to inside the play area.
Health & Safety
1. The Hirer must ensure the equipment is supervised at all times by a responsible person over the age of 18. brighton soft play does not supervise the event. brighton soft play accepts no liability for any damage, accidents or injuries that may occur whilst the equipment is on hire.
2. brighton soft play will set up the equipment in liaison with the hirer, please do not move it once it is in the agreed place. We will not accept any liability for accidents, injury or damage during the period of hire if this has occurred. Photographs are taken to evidence this upon setup.
3. Our soft play equipment is designed for use by children under the age of 5 years. Please don't allow the play area to become overcrowded.
4. Adults must not lean or sit on any of the soft play equipment.
5. Do not allow children with medical conditions, which may put them at risk of injury (i.e. brittle bone disease or temporary injuries), to use the equipment.
6. No food, drink or chewing gum to be allowed on or near the soft play equipment. If the equipment is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge. No drinking glasses or bottles to be used on or near the soft play equipment.
7. STRICTLY no alcohol or drug use on or near the soft play equipment – brighton soft play will not be held liable for any damage, accidents or injury that occurs due to the consumption and effects of alcohol and/or drug use.
8. Shoes MUST be removed before using the soft play equipment. Parents/guardians who enter the soft play area or walk over the padded floor tiles whilst supervising must remove their shoes, particularly heels. Any damage may result in the Hirer having to pay an additional fee for replacement or repair. For hygiene reasons, socks should be worn at all times whilst using the soft play equipment.
9. The Hirer must ensure that all sharp objects, including but not limited to, badges, spectacles, earrings, jewellery etc. are removed prior to accessing the soft play equipment to ensure it remains undamaged from but not limited to, scratches, tears, dirt (of any kind), detached from its connecting item (if applicable) and in the same working condition as delivered. If damage does occur the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed.
10. The Hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of the soft play equipment. You will be charged for theft or any damage caused to it or for any items missing from it on its return. Soft play equipment being kept overnight must be locked away to avoid theft. Full replacement charge for any missing items will incur. This includes any accessories which accompany the equipment.
11. Only brighton soft play staff are authorised to collect the soft play equipment.
12. Most importantly please ensure that you take all reasonable precautions to protect the child from harm and danger, including exposure to the sun.
This web site is operated by brighton soft play (“we”, “us” or “our”). All bookings made via this web site or telephone, are governed by these Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility as the Hirer to read and understand these Terms and Conditions of Hire PRIOR to making a booking.
We will provisionally confirm acceptance of your booking immediately after you have confirmed your hire, by us sending this in writing via e-mail to the email address you have provided to us, or by letter to the postal address provided by you.
All prices are in UK Pounds and are inclusive of VAT where applicable, at the current rate. The price of the hire / goods will be as quoted on the web site at the time you confirm your order (usually by paying the deposit) subject only to any inadvertent technical error for which we will not be liable. If you subsequently amend your order, the prices charged will be those applicable to the amended item(s) at the time that the amended order is confirmed.
Promotions are only available until the stated end date.
In the event of unavailability for whatever reason, we will replace the unavailable item with the closest possible alternative and advise you of this at the earliest possible date.
Delivery and set-up is free but we will ask for a fuel surcharge if the venue is outside of the Brighton and Hove area.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, neither will any of these terms restrict any of your statutory rights.
£1 Million public liability insurance is held by brighton soft play with (to be confirmed).
All liability on our behalf is void should any injury occur due to the misuse of drugs and/or alcohol or non-adult supervision.
The company accept no liability for any damage or loss of personal property and or any injury arising from the use of the hired equipment.
Any equipment booked on ‘dry hire’ (not supervised by a representative of the company) is not covered by the company’s insurance policy and the client is responsible for suitable insurance cover.
If any of the hired equipment is damaged or lost during the period of hire any security deposit paid will be utilised in discharge of or in part payment for repairs/replacements or lost hire contract’s. The hirer shall indemnify brighton soft play for the full cost of repair of any damage done to any equipment howsoever arising, which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring. If the hirer has made payment by credit or debit card then brighton soft play reserves the right to make a charge to the credit or debit card used either for the deposit or payment for the hire of the equipment, or to send an invoice for the amount to the registered hire address on the contract. Should payment not be received as per the invoice sent then we reserve the right to take legal action and all costs will be passed on to the hirer.